10 April 2005

Bitter - table for one!

Okay, I stole that from Bridget, but, damn, it comes in handy.

I find that when I don't get something I want I wander around singing You Can't Always Get What You Want to myself. (And following the example I got from The Big Chill, I also want it played at my funeral.)

But the best way to find the entrance ramp for the Getting Over It and Moving On Highway is to recall my favorite Matt Groening cartoon. This guy - or very large, bug-eyed rabbit, I forget which - is spawled on his couch answering quiz show questions. He is obviously a bitter, disgruntled, drunken slacker. Finally he yells at the tv "Idiot! Those prizes are rightfully mine!" So I chant that few times in between choruses of the Rolling Stones. It really works.

But - and this is a big but {fail to insert big butt quip here, just don't do it}, one of the really positive things about The Audition Where I Was Brilliant, The Finest Actress of My Generation, and Yet Not Cast Because the Director Went Another Way is the amount of positive feedback I've gotten, both first and second hand. So no matter what else, thank you and merci to Andy, Bill, Dave, Laura, Lisa, Sally, and a couple of others. I really owe you guys.

....but if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So many people will be buried to that song. I want a Harry Nilsson song " You're Breaking My Heart" played at mine.

Ormond

Anonymous said...

So,
sorry about not getting the role and stuff, everyone still loves you, etc....

Now, does this mean you'll finally have time to look at my show dvd, and tell me how bad a director I am?

Mitch