05 September 2004

And I'd like to thank all the little people ....

We don't do this for the awards, just making good theater is our reward .... blah, blah, blah, ditto, ditto, ditto, etc, etc, etc.

The last part of the one-act festival is the announcement of awards and the decision about which show will be sent from Silver Spring Stage to represent us at the Maryland One-Act Festival in January. We will be represented this year by "In The Tank," a short, fun comedy about two lobsters in a restaurant aquarium. Congratulations Rosemary (the author), Seth (the director) and Jeff and Matt (our lobster boys).

Second Place went to Ali's lovely production of "Adjacent and Identical" which was a pleasure from first to last. I loved it on paper and I loved it on stage. Great job, guys!

But (!!!!), among the other awards were three for my show. Josh for acting, Steve for script, and I got one for direction. We always say that we don't do this for the awards, butwe also don't give them back if they are offered. I am extremely pleased to have our work recognized this way and only wish that everyone connected to the show had been similarly recognized. It was genuinely a team effort.

Now, where to hang my certificate......

No comments: