14 February 2007

My Peanuts identity


You know all those silly internet quizes (SIQ) that ask "Which cartoon character are you?," "What sports car are you," "Which inane internet quiz are you?" Over the years I've taken a few of them and they always have complex or compound-complex true/false questions where half of the clauses apply to me and the rest don't, so I'm never entirely happy with the result.

I know, I know, these are SIQs, not the Myers-Briggs,* but their imprecision always bothered me. (Big hint: If I remember correctly, I'm an ESFJ. Or an ENFJ. Anyway, there's a buncha "J." Can you see why I might take SIQs too seriously?)

So, anyway, today I was mousing around looking for the correct spelling of "Babboo," as in "Sweet Babboo," Sally Brown's endearment for her beloved Linus (Yep, checking the spelling of "Babboo" - much "J"), and I found Wikipedia's description of Sally. And, you know, if you skip over the blond curly hair part, that's a pretty darn good description of me.

I'd spent years trying to figure out of I was more like Lucy or Sally, because there's some Lucy in me and there's a world of Shroeder in the men I like, but now I know for sure. I'm Sally. And there's a world of Linus in men I like, too. They are taller than either Linus or Shroeder and older and none of them carry blankets, but that doesn't matter. And that fact that I couldn't get many of them within a hundred miles of elsewhere? Just further proof.

Your friend,

Sally Brown


*One day, I'm going to go to that entry and correct the spelling of "extrovert." Sigh.

1 comment:

David Gorsline said...

Save your edit. R.F.C. Hull's translations of Jung spell it with an "a."

/Signed/ Your friend, the INTJ