18 August 2004

Welcome to my world

Okay, it seems that in order to live in the 21st century one must have some of the following:
1. A mobile phone a
2. Cable or satellite tv
3. A PDA
4. Superfast internet access
5. A blog

I figure that *one* checkmark makes a pretty poor showing, so today, August 18, 2004, I'm starting a blog. So let's make that:

5. A blog a

I don't know yet what my content will be. Perhaps I'll just use this space to vent about the subjects that David is sick of hearing about. (Especially as I'm probably not telling him about this.) Maybe I'll say something interesting and insightful. Probably not. Consider, after all, what "flibbertigibbet" means: A silly, scatterbrained, or garrulous person. That's me - ask anyone.

So let's start with a little bit about me.

I live in Maryland with a faboo orange tabby named Pekoe. (He's orange, I drink a lot of tea.)

I am deeply - deeply - involved in community theater. I have spent at least one night a week in a rehearsal hall or theater for the past ten years. I love theater and see all that I can, both community and professional. (Thank you, Elden Street Players, for having 7:00 matinees, so I can double up on Sundays!) My non-theater friends are tired of listening to theater shop-talk, but it keeps bubbling out of me. I act, I direct, I adjudicate, and I have lots of opinions.

I have a lot of friends (theater and non-theater) who are generally better to me than I deserve. My friends are some of the best folks on this earth. How I got lucky enough to have them, I'll never know. As Oscar Hammestein II wrote, somewhere in my youth or childhood, I must have done something good.

Enough for now. If I never post again, it's becuase this n00b couldn't find her way back to her own blog.

No comments: