09 July 2005

Let them entertain you

I don't get out to Leesburg and Manassas very often because, well, my calendar is still seven colors. (I'm now looking back fondly on the carefree, innocent days of the five-color calendar...) Anyway, there is a growing theater community out there these days, so at some point I'm going to have to make the trek and see some stuff. Folks I like to watch on stage are making it too inviting not to.

Unfortunately, on the next oppotunity for a long-ish drive and some good theater, David and I will be out of town. But if I can't go, then local members of the Devoted Readership might want to consider a trip because this particular opportunity to drive-and-watch comes with a good cause.

Kat sent an e-mail around announcing Broadway Lights the Night - the first annual (if it succeeds) fundraiser for the Leukemia Lymphoma Society. Some really first-rate performers will be working very hard to raise lots and lots of dollars in the fight against a pretty brutal disease. So, please, go if you can and give if you can't. I'll be donating in lieu of attending, but I wish I could be there; it promises to be a heck of a good evening.

And I'm keeping my calendar open for Broadway Lights the Night 2006. Of course, by then the wretched thing will probably be in 12 colors.

2 comments:

Stan Harding said...

That looks nice! And I do hope you enjoy dredging up forgotten bits of my past!

signed, 'went to high school with Nano Gowland and his sisters'

Leta said...

Well, that's pretty much why I started this blog - just to parade your youth before you. We *must* have a nice, long chat sometime!