30 March 2007

My new news source

I hit on MSN "Skin & Beauty" news while on my way to something else, but with headlines like these, I don't think I'll be able to stay away. Most of the headlines are of the "yeah, and?" variety, like Ewww! Human skin a 'zoo' of bacteria, but some (Pedicure blamed for woman's death) are classics of the Scare You News genre. Naturally, I had to read People, your teeth are white enough! because mine aren't. And while I don't need MSN to tell me that I chose unwisely in the gene area, I still read Why you don't look like Brad or Angelina, which, as it turns out was about genetic diversity in areas of the genome relating to disease defense and pretty interesting. Brangelina, as is so often the case, were merely a flashy headline unrelated to everyday life. And I don't want to look like them. Definitely, I don't want to look like him. I want to look like a young Katharine Hepburn.

MORE ON SKIN & BEAUTY
Why you don't look like Brad or Angelina
• Wrinkle-filler regenerates collagen
• Does your skin need a shrink?
• Foot massage with Novocain shot?
• Slathering on skin-numbing creams can kill
• Ewww! Human skin a 'zoo' of bacteria
• What is beauty? Others help define it
• Get a shot of Botox at the mall
• Spas soothe pain in the ‘tech neck’
• How far would you go for the perfect lash?
• Hemorrhoid cream not for the face
• Sexy people play the symmetry card
• People, your teeth are white enough!
• Duct tape no magical cure for warts
• 3 indicted in basement liposuction death
• Pedicure blamed for woman's death
• Guys have body issues, too
• FDA wants skin-lightening restrictions
• Looking good never hurt so bad
• More nips and tucks for men on the job

No comments: