10 March 2005

Blushing slightly

Julie's blog has a post that I can't get to (that's so wrong for so many reasons) that mentions that in the acknowledgements for Harry Benford's 3rd edition of the Gilbert & Sullivan Lexicon my name appears! In a real book! A book of actual value to the G&S community. I haven't seen this acknowledgement - I have the second edition - but I trust Julie completely. I'd also like to borrow her copy so that I can see my name - in print - in a book. A book!!

To be honest, I have no idea why Harry (a lovely man, by the way) would include me in the acknowledgements unless he included all 700-some members of Savoynet, although this is lending some credence to the belief held by many of my friends that I know everyone connected to G&S/theater. Or just flat everyone. Brett believes that I went to high school with roughly 80% of the human population.

And, unlike those poor people named Michael or David or Lisa or Debbie, I can be pretty confident that I'm the only "Leta" that Harry has met. There are a couple dozen people named Leta in the world, but I think (mind you, I say "I think") that I'm the only G&S geek named Leta.

Me! In a book! A real book!!

1 comment:

Jonathan Jenkins Ichikawa said...

By coincidence, I was just consulting my 3rd edition about 15 minutes ago. Upon reading this, I checked the acknowledgements, and sure enough, there you are: p. xvi, second paragraph, spanning the second and third lines. Congratulations.