01 March 2007

Still going to a place I don't believe in

In church on Sunday we learned some of the symbolism of the liturgical color violet. I already knew that it represented royalty, but we were told that it also represented pain. Stacey and I looked at each other as though this was news to us (which it was), but I made the connection to the purple of bruises, so sure, why not. (Besides, there's always the thought that had I been paying enough attention over the years I would have learned this long ago.) So we'd learned our new thing for the day and before lunch even.

But the part that's going to send me to hell - where it'll be warm all the time and I'll know everybody - is when I leaned over to Stace and whispered that any time one connects Jesus to a phrase that begins with "royal pain" .... well, that's just not going to end well.

No comments: