13 September 2007

I guess they're not "Times" subscribers

Today on Morning Edition Renee Montagne and Steve Inskeep were reporting the current state of the throwdown between Kanye West and 50 Cent. Steve got to the second reference to the latter, called him "Mr. Cent," and he and Renee cracked up. On the air. "That's what it says here - Mr. Cent!" he laughed and they continued, chuckling only slightly.

It's still in the story on the web so if you want to hear NPR staffers who aren't Scott Simon cracking up during a broadcast, just hit the "listen" button.

I so look forward to their next story on Iggy Pop.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I like your title better :-)

(I'm from sniffwhatistepin.com even though my blogger identity doesn't reveal that)

Anonymous said...

I heard this myself and nearly crashed the car laughing at the fact that they lost it on the air.