24 January 2009

Rejoinder

My Boss wanted to give me a to-do list yesterday while I was sitting at the front desk. And, of course, the only thing I could find to write on was a 1 1/2" by 2" Post-It note pad.

He started to tell me what he wanted and then looked down and said, "I want you to know that that is a completely inadequate platoon leader's notebook."

"Oh, I know," I replied, "it's like a fountain pen-and-pocketknife tracheotomy kit."

I think, or maybe just hope, that it's quick similes-in-kind that help keep me employed here.

2 comments:

Maureen said...

Did he appreciate the M*A*S*H reference?

Leta said...

I think so. Although the next day he said that while I am pretty good with the military talk, I could use fine tuning and perhaps 6 years in the Marine Corps would do it. I declined.