17 March 2005

Footnotes for drip-drip-drip

*Yay!

Following a comment from David-in-Steamboat-Springs about "yeah" versus "yea."

I totally agree. In my world, "yeah" = "yes, I agree" or "yes, I will" and "yay" = hurray. Because I've sent too many letters, e-mails, etc where I meant to write "yeah" and wrote "yea," so I'd get sentences like "Yea, I'm bored, too." So now I save "yea" for phrases like "yea, verily."

**millionty

Reading about Mary's little life has been educational in several ways. I got "millionty" from her.

*** I fled my office

Another example of why I like the folks I work with. Today is my boss Laura's birthday. We were going to have cake with her at 3:30 to celebrate, but by 3:30 I was on my way to meet the plumber. So on my way out, I asked Ginni to save me a piece and she said "Oh, we're doing it tomorrow. Laura said to wait until you could come." Let's be clear here. We're talking about one of Ginni's really, really, really good homemade chocolate cakes. This is no small sacrifice they are making for me. Well, for me and Cathy, because she's out today, too, but this is my blog so we're not going to dwell on the Cathy aspect.

Okay. Time to go run lines.

No comments: