10 May 2005

Coincidence? I think not

I had lunch today with my beyond nifty pal Dave and his sister Emily. Now, I know what you're thinking: "Is this Dave from work? Director Dave? One of the other 5 dozen Daves Leta knows? A new Dave? What? Does Leta think that 'Dave' is a foreign word that means 'man'? Does Leta know any men not named 'Dave'?"

Well, in answer to that, no, it was none of those guys. I had lunch with Air Force Dave (which sounds sort of like Malibu Ken or GI Joe, only Dave doens't have the Village People club wear that Malibu Ken has or GI Joe's astroturf hair), who is back in town from Okinawa for a few days before he heads out to Afghanistan. I've known Dave since before the no-styling-products-required haircut. I've actually known Dave since he was a long-haired kid who was very, very good at paintball. (I am adequate at paintball, but far better at paintball than I am at Laser Tag or dancing.)

Anyway, he mentioned that he'd read my post about the Hopkins-Loyola lacrosse game and his other sister was there as well. So we talked about the post a bit and it turns out that Emily went to high school with Benson! And Kyle!

So it's possible if that if you mention someone and that person didn't go to high school to me, they went to high school with Emily. Thanks for the assist, Em!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Leta! Wow, you have a blog! And it's fun to read! I Googled you--a G&S friend is spending the summer in DC and has a dog-related question--and up it came. Didn't have your current email so I'm writing to you here. I don't have a blog (yet) but can be reached at jkm dot one zero at comcast dot net. Drop me a line and I'll pass on the hopefully-not-too-involved question.
--Jean in MA
who doesn't know anyone named Dave
p.s. Jay says hello

Maureen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Maureen said...

You know that game "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon"? Some of us joke that a local version would be called "Two Degrees of Leta Hall". :D

Anonymous said...

Either Jean is telling a lie, or she doesn't know any men between the ages of 25-50. ;)

One of my Reedie classmates actually gave himself the nickname David #23, to distinguish himself from the dozens of other men named Dave on campus.