11 June 2008

Shout hello to someone and get naked

My spiffy new Jason Mraz CD (We Sing, We Dance, We Steal Things) has the following quote from Rachel Corrie which (obviously) I really liked.
"I'm building the world myself and putting new hats on everybody one by one... Before I go out I'm gonna have people in tutus, cops wearing sombreros, stockbrokers with viking hats, priests with panties on their heads. In the world I'm building, everybody shouts hello to everybody else from their car windows. People have speakers attached to their chests that pour out music so you can tell from a distance what mood they're in, and they won't be too chicken to get naked when the rain comes."
David and I saw My Name is Rachel Corrie* at the CATF last year (his comments on the production here), so there was the tiny shock of recognition at seeing her name in the quote credit.**


*And, yes, I knew who she was before that. I don't actually get all of my information about the world from plays. Just most of it.

**Which, by the way, reads in part "From Let Me Stand Alone: The Journals of Rachel Corrie by Rachel Corrie, edited with an introduction by the Corrie family."

No comments: