14 August 2007

In case you were wondering

Okay, here's why David and I won't be getting married any time soon.

You know how every couple has an "our" thing? "Our song," "our restaurant," "our hot sheets motel," stuff like that. Well, David and I have "our color."

When my life became color coded, David's color became orange (because, as my friend Laura says, orange is a happy color and because David's mobile phone is orange). At work, even e-mail he sends me is orange. And our plans with each other on either of our calendars is orange. So if we got married - you know, had a wedding and stuff - we'd pretty much have to have "our color" in the wedding.

And I'm not spending the rest of my life telling people that the colors for my wedding were Sunkist and Tropicana.

4 comments:

David Gorsline said...

Haw!

Anonymous said...

How about "sunrise" and "sunset?"

Then everyone could break out in song and you'd have successfully changed the subject. By the time they realized they still didn't know what your wedding colors were, you'd already be on to your next activity.

Maureen said...

Ooh, I like "sunrise" and "sunset"; much better than tangerine & clementine. Can you imagine the ear worms people would have? =:o

If you decide not to have official colors, I promise not to rat you out to the "wedding police". I don't think they really care, anyway. I managed to get away with not having official colors.

Funny, the tab for the "leave a comment" pop-up was a peach color...

Anonymous said...

I never understood the obsession with the color schemes for weddings. Isn't "white" enough?

Then again, you know how much I fit the mold of these things...