28 February 2005

10 things meme

Okay, my pal John did this and I think a couple of other people I read did this, so what-the-heck. Count me in, too. It's certainly easier than going to page 123 of the book nearest me, because there are usually dozens of books near me. Let's hope I do it right.

Ten things that go into making me the unique human being I am:

1. I sang at both the Kennedy Center and the Syndey Opera House.
2. I was born all the way across the United States from my sister (Monterey, California & Annapolis, Maryland). We remained pretty much that close all her life.
3. I played Maggie Cutler three times in 10 years. I'd do it again if they'd let me.
4. I still like Shaun Cassidy songs. And David Cassidy. And Bobby Sherman. And the Cowsills. And Rick Springfield. And especially the Patridge Family.
5. I am extremely susceptible to show crushes.
6. I've done all the extent G&S except The Grand Duke, some of them more than twice.
7. My reply rate for e-mail is approximately 90%. My reply rate for telephone calls is more like 40%.
8. I've spent a lot of time, money, and focus on D&D (high school and college), historical re-enactment (college and up 'til about eight years ago), and theater (since about 1992), all of which have a certain amount of let's dress up and pretend as their basis.
9. I was asked to recite the names of Henry VIII's wives, in order, with their manner of death, on my third day working at a company that does radar engineering. This request came from an engineer. I aced it. So he decided I was cool person and lent me a book. I love it here.
10. My life has been changed by strangers with whom I've struck up conversations.

No comments: