28 February 2005

It's Girl Scout Cookie time!

And remember, folks, they're made with real Girl Scouts...

Maura and I are not in scene 3 in Independence so we let Sharon and Martha do some of the heavy lifting while we sauntered up to Starbucks for a little liquid inspiration. (As any actor can tell you, line retention is directly related to caffeine consumption.) Three young scouts had set up a table outside the store, so we went in, got our coffee, and stopped to purchase some cookies. As a former scout (anyone surprised? I didn't think so), I acknowledge my permanent obligation to buy cookies and I impress upon any scout from whom I buy that as adults they will have the same obligation.

In the past couple of years, oddly enough, my favorite GS cookie has changed. I used to be totally devoted to Thin Mints, but I seem to have hit the saturation point on them. Now I find myself reaching for the All Abouts, a short-bread cookie with a chocolate layer on the bottom. (Don't worry, Brett, a box of Thin Mints is on its way to you even as I type this.) The Lemon Coolers are pretty nice, too, and low-fat. Maura remains commited to the Samoas, but I'm not that big of a coconut-in-my-cookies girl.

Getting hungry? Wanna cookie?

1 comment:

Brett said...

What is life without Thin Mints? A grey raining miserable cold existance that..... Oh, wait, this is England.