14 October 2007

Voice Twin

Because I'm actually home this evening, I've been putting around and watching The War. One of the interviewees is a lady from Mobile named Katharine Phillips. I noticed her particularly because they cut to her at one point when I wasn't looking at the screen and I only heard her voice. She sounds exactly the way I remember, Oleta, my father's mother sounding. None of the other Mobileans sound like my family particuarly, but this lady does.

I haven't heard my grandmother's voice in quite a few years, but listening to Ms. Phillips (well, Mrs. Singer, really) brings her right back.

A tiny little gift.

And, interestingly, I think she has a very small connection to my family. Her father was principle of Murphy High School, which I think is where Dad went.

No comments: