20 July 2007

Where were they when I needed them?

WikiHow has an article today on how to Hint for a Kiss from a Guy.* I think I spent most of my teenage years trying - and failing - to get kissed because I was a very late bloomer. I have done what I could to make up for lost time since but when you are 16 and your mother and your 13-year-old sister date more than you do, well that's just embarrassing. "Sweet 16 and never been kissed" wouldn't have been so annoying had it not been true.

Here is something to ponder from that piece: You don't have to be really obvious about it. Many guys will take the hint, especially if they've read one of the many articles that lists this as a sign that a girl wants to be kissed.

Yeah, well, subtle I am not.

I've dated a couple of people who have mentioned that I sometimes have a "kiss me" expression that they have found hard to resist and at least once I was told to stop that but I wasn't doing it on purpose. Okay, I was thinking, "gee, I wish he'd kiss me." But that's not on purpose. I mean, try to stop thinking that. See? Now you'll spend the rest of the day wondering if I am wishing that someone would kiss me.** So, obviously, it would be hard for me to stop thinking that.

Now here is advice I could have used a few years later.

And it turns out that the cute girl at Starbucks is not wishing that you would kiss her.



*Number 6 worked pretty well on David.

**Probably yes.

No comments: