11 April 2005

Just for Brett

Brett believes that I see people from my high school everywhere I go. Sort of like a Sixth Sense for Blair grads. So here's another one.

I was in the grocery store this evening, picking up a few things and noticed this tall, red-haired man, who looked vaguely familiar. "Boy," I thought to myself, "that sure looks like Charles." We ended up in the same check-out line. He was wearing a lanyard with a badge and according to the badge, it's the same Charles, alright. He's a grad student at Maryland. I'm guessing in one of the "really hard" sciences.

(Of course, the worst day for Brett in that respect was when Olendar brought someone to a party at Brett and Cate's and I looked familiar to her. In Brett's own house, I ran into someone I knew in high school. Really, no where is safe.)

1 comment:

Brett said...

Blair High School is just a plot device. There is no such school, the writers use it to insert a little comedy into Leta's scenes that I am also in.

Sample scene from episode 24321 Leta's Zany Siberian Adventure:

Leta: So anyway, that is how I ended up in Siberia with nothing on but my tigger underoos set.

Brett: Huh.

Leta: Look! There is Virgil Smerlo, I went to high school with him!

[cue laugh track]

Cut to Light Beer Commercial

All this is of course from before I started asking a fair wage and was written out as a regular recurring character. If you look carefully you can find all sorts of continuity problems with the Blair characters and story lines. The Leta true fans always pester me at Letacons about the plot holes, but as long as the little weasels pay for the bloody autographs I could care less what they rant about.