18 November 2004

Hugh and I

Update on the Request-a-Thon:

We just heard a live version of Howie Day singing "Collide." In the live version Howie sings that "Hugh and I collide" leaving me to wonder if it's the same "Hugh" that Whitney Huston was so hung up on. ("And I-I-I-I-I will always love Hugh").

This morning we heard:

Hakuna Matata - The Lion King (requested by a whole bunch of 3rd graders who pooled their pocket change - pretty cool.)
In Your Eyes - Peter Gabriel
I Get By With a Little Help From My Friends - Joe Cocker (which pretty much establishes that Joe Cocker is not an early morning treat. To properly appreciate the song stylin's of Mr. Cocker, one needs to have had a couple of belts. Oatmeal is no prep for hearing Joe.)
The Thanksgiving Song - Adam Sandler (not nearly as good as The Hanakah Song.)
Believe - Josh Grobin
The Boxer - Some Irish guy. I dunno. Accoustic. Jonathan Edwards-y. Fairport Convention-y.
Back in Black - AD/DC
I Cross My Heart - George Strait
Total Eclipse of the Heart - Bonnie Tyler

And we recently got some kind of light rock, smooth pap thing that makes me think that we're just a few pledges away from "On the Wings of Love." I love that song. And I pretty much only hear it at the drug store on the muzak. I don't know why I love it, but I do. ("Yes, you belong to me, I'm your's exclusively, right now we live and breath - each - other -----") Yeah, it's not great music, but I'm waiting for it breathlessly. Don't fail me, Request-a-Thon!

No comments: