30 November 2006

Do I love you because you're beautiful

Along with A Charlie Brown Christmas and The Wizard of Oz, I grew up on annual reruns of Rogers & Hammerstein's version of Cinderella.


The Prince - (His royal highness Christopher Rupert Vwindemier Vlandamier Carl Alexander Francois Reginald Lancelot Herman Gregory James)

Do I love you because you're beautiful,
or are you beautiful because I love you?
Am I making believe I see in you
a girl too lovely to be really true?

Do I want you because you're wonderful,
or are you wonderful because I want you?
Are you the sweet invention of a lover's dream
or are you really as beautiful as you seem?


Cinderella -

Am I making believe I see in you
a man too perfect to be really true?
Do I want you because you're wonderful,
or are you wonderful because I want you?

Both -

Are you the sweet invention of a lover's dream
or are you really as wonderful as you seem?

1 comment:

Brett said...

I never thought it was such a bad little tree. It's not bad at all, really. Maybe it just needs a little love.