21 December 2004

This just in

EEEEEEEE-yuck!

As Janeane Garofalo says in The Truth About Cats and Dogs, "We can love our pets, we just can't LOVE our pets."

I wish this was a joke story - and I'm sure it'll show up on Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me - but enough actual news outlets covered it that I'm afraid it may be true. Never saw such unanimity on a piece of news in all my life (to paraphrase).

You know, I've been to New Zealand - twice - and never saw anything like this. On the plus side, I think Ms. Tumanako has really raised the bar in terms of discomfiting people by breastfeeding. I can't even think of this story without crossing my arms in front of my chest and going "eeeeeewwwwww."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200411/s1246004.htm

Ick, ick, ick.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And what about the fact that this woman gave her child and her dog the same name?!? I think this could be hardest on that poor kid - her full moniker, presented to a jury, should win her a pretty hefty damage award for child abuse!

Leta said...

I completely agree. Accidently calling your child by the dog's name - it's happened to all of us - is one thing, but giving them the same name is asking for a visit from Child Protective Services...

Anonymous said...

Is that where the term "puppy love" comes from?

lol

Ormond