05 June 2005

The Bard weighs in

Last night David, Julie, and I saw Amy play Lady MacScottish Play (and a lovely job she did, too - way to go, Amy!!). Anyway, she had entered for her sleepwalking scene and had recited the line "Out, damned spot! out, I say! One; two. Why then, 'tis time to do't. Hell is murky." She took a beat and in that beat, a cell phone rang. From the front row. Loudly. She continued with the highly appropriate next line "Fie, my lord, fie!" I wanted to applaud. I really did.


(And, sigh, just to be on the safe side.... Angels and ministers of grace, defend us. Maybe I am superstitious.)

2 comments:

Maureen said...

I'm glad you got to see Amy and that you got to see her do a good job. I'm still miffed at the company for changing their performance dates so I couldn't make ANY of them! I really did want to see that show - harrumph!

Brett said...

Stage superstition is soo quaint, not like the sensible miniatures gamers superstitions, which just make sense really. Anyway, we drove thru MacBethland the other day. Very pretty country.