29 June 2005

I got tagged, too!

Thanks to Paul, I have the opportunity to share some embarrassing trivia also.

1. What were three of the stupidest things you have done in your life?
A. Not transferring out of the geometry class I was flunking because I didn't know that was an option.
B. Believing something a guy told me when his objective (clearly, in retrospect) was to get into my pants.
C. Not asking my parents for help when I could have used it.

2. At the current moment, who has the most influence in your life?
As always, at least for the past 20 years, my friend Brett. When asked once what his goal was in life, he said it was to be a good man among good men (or something similar). There is no one I respect more than Brett, for his ethics, his loyalty, his strength, and his kindness. A great way to get on my good side is to remind me of Brett.

3. If you were given a time machine that functioned, and you were allowed to only pick up to five people to dine with, who would you pick?
1. Eleanor of Aquitaine.
2. Richard III - the real one, not Shakespeare's creation.
3. Abigail Adams.
4. W.S. Gilbert.
5. Harry Truman.

4. If you had three wishes that were not supernatural, what would they be?
A. Peace on earth, good will towards everyone.
B. Mom's MS would turn out to be an easily curable and reversable vitamin deficiency or something.
C. That I was a lot better with money. And had more money to be better with.

5. Someone is visiting your hometown/place where you live at the moment. Name two things you regret your city not having, and two things people should avoid.
A. Housing within reach of the city that a normal person can afford.
B. Decent mass transit to some of our better community theaters.
1. Calling Silver Spring "Silver Springs." Silver Springs is in Florida. Silver Spring is in Maryland. There is an actual Silver Spring with a story which Silver Spring natives (like me!) will happily lecture you with if you mistake our town for the one down south.
2. Missing the lovely drive down the George Washington Parkway. Gorgeous views of the monuments, no real traffic, ending up at Mount Vernon, and great dining options in Alexandria. It's the best of DC in 45 minutes or less.

6. Name one event that has changed your life.
My sister's death in 2003. Time is short and life is uncertain. The future is big but we don't know where it goes.

7. Tag 5 people.
Brett
John
Liza
Maureen
Rigel

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was going to say "which John" since there are so many of us. Then I saw that you tagged "Rigel." Damn. I'm guessing that's me. Should I respond here or in my LJ? :)

Rigel

Leta said...

On your LJ. Yay!

Anonymous said...

Was there ever a resolution to the Celiac Disease thing? Fencergal has decided to go largely gluten-free because she seems to be somewhat allergic to it. She does allow herself one bagel per day on weekends only.

Anyway, we have a variety of gluten-free recipes and whatnot, and will sing praises of quinoa pasta and other such things :)

Rigel