15 June 2005

Over There

We all know someone in the military, even if remotely. And most of the folks I know are Stateside and until recently one of them was in Okinawa. Exploding Dave (when he and I had lunch together recently, he was Air Force Dave, but that was then. This is now. Try to keep up, okay?) has been assigned to Afghanistan for the next four months and has started blogging so that we can follow along with his adventures in the field. And in the helicopter. And standing by the roadside, shaking his head and muttering fun military euphemisms.

At this point you're probably thinking that the Air Force is pretty safe in Afghanistan, but Dave is with EOD (Explosive Ordnance Disposal) and he has one of those t-shirts that says "If you see me running, try to keep up" so I imagine that safety is relative.

So if you want to follow the exploits (and explosions) of one all-around-A-Number-One-good-guy-and-a-real-sweetie-to-boot-and-I-hope-soon-to-be-TSgt, Exploding Dave is your guy. Daves don't come better than this one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw shucks, now you've made me blush!