27 June 2005

Goodbye, Tigger and Piglet

John Fiedler passed away earlier this month at the age of 80 and Paul Winchell passed away on Friday at the age of 83. Fiedler and Winchell were, respectively, the voices of Piglet and Tigger in my favorite Winnie-the-Pooh movie, Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day. Their passing means that all of that cast - except Jon Walmsley (Christopher Robin), Ralph Wright (Eeyore), and Clint Howard (Roo) - are gone. And so is a bit of my childhood. There was no safer place than the Hundred Acre Wood, hanging with Tigger and Pooh.

The wonderful thing about tiggers
Is tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs
They're bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
fun, fun, fun, fun, fun
But the most wonderful thing about tiggers is
I'm the only one
I'm the only one.

TTFN, Tigger and Piglet.

2 comments:

Casey Jones said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Casey Jones said...

I remember a time in third grade, we were reading some A.A. Milne and we reached a part where Winnie the Pooh sang a song to himself.

There wasn't any music, and we were reading aloud, so I made up a song to the lyrics and sang it. Later that night my mom got a call from my teacher, saying it was an "inappropriate expression of [something or other] in class". Being a music teacher herself, she ignored the teacher and told me to keep it up.

Loved that stuff growing up.