23 November 2005

David punts a perfect opportunity

Recently Karen and Jean discovered that David and I are dating. And have been for a while. So one night after a Book of Days rehearsal they made sure that everyone went out for a little cast bonding and then they flanked David and asked questions like "So how long have you been together?" and - much more importantly - "When are you two getting married?"

David told me about this and I begged him please to tell me that he had told them that my hints on that subject were getting less and less subtle and sounding, frankly, kind of desperate, but that he was resisting them.

But, no. Stickler for the truth that he is, David told them that we had no plans to get married because I'm not the marrying kind. What a fun-spoiler.

And, okay, I'm not. And neither is he. And if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

And skipping such an obvious chance to mess with good and kind people? Just so wrong.

On the other hand - ooooooohhhhhhh shiny.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

No no no. Not Shiny. Its Sparkly.

Like this...

http://www.wavsite.com/sounds/40605/nimh17.wav

Ormond

Anonymous said...

You guys are dating? Wow, where have I been?
It's fine that you don't want to get married and all, but it must be very frustrating since I'm sure you are both waiting until holy matrimony to engage in sex, right?
Oh, not my business? You don't say...
Relationships aren't a 'one size fits all' sort of thing and your happiness is all I care about.

Maureen said...

Oh, my goodness, what a complete waste of a perfectly good opportunity to have fun messing with someone's head! All kinds of things he could have said: "Sorry, she won't consider marrying me until I'm pregnant (or some other preposterous or impossible condition)" as just one...

Anonymous said...

Wow, thanks so much for posting a link to my site -- the link with the engagement ring! Good luck to both of you!

Anonymous said...

Hey, it worked for Hepburn and Tracy...Bacall and Bogart...

Nice photos of your show. Loved the costumes. But, hey, where was the nudity????? ;-)