18 November 2005

One for the D2005 folks

From Garrison Keillor's Writer's Almanac for today:

It was on this day in 1928 that Mickey Mouse was born. Walt Disney's "Steamboat Willie," premiered in New York at the Colony Theater. It was the first sound-synchronized cartoon to attract widespread public attention. Along with Mickey Mouse, the black and white cartoon featured Minnie Mouse and Pegleg Pete.


D2005 is the e-mail that Brett set up for a bunch of us who go to WDW together every few years, usually in November. I was supposed to go this year, but the trip was the exact dates of the Tech Week for my children's theater show, so I had to miss it. Oddly enough, that date conflict was created by accident by Mary Ann, my producer, who has the same relationship with the Tragic Kingdom that Brett does (and that's even after having worked at Disneyland some years ago). She was - quite rightly - completely stricken when she discovered that I would have to miss a trip to visit the Mouse, but has done as much as possible to make up for it by assembling for me such a good team to work with that I'm looking forward to directing another kid's show in the future. She'll just have to clear the dates with Brett before I sign anything, that's all.

No comments: