08 November 2007

Lessee, I need oatmeal, rice, aaand a jazz combo

I stopped by Whole Paycheck last night on my way home, just to pick up a few things. Well, one or two things, but the, well, the shopping there sometimes gets a little out of hand. Especially when the Indian frozen entrees are on saaaaaa-eeellllll!

Whew. Okay, I'm better now. I really am.

Anyway, I was wandering around the produce area in that kind of a haze I get into in prett' near any kind of store, but especially grocery stores, when I heard a sousaphone. No really, I did.

I tracked the sound to its source and it turned out that Whole Paycheck had hired a Jazz group to play during the pre-Thanksgiving tasting that they were having. So I got in the chow-ette line and had a plastic martini glass (a really great way to do samples, by the way) of Thanksgiving food* which was kinda like a trial-size autumn festival - while enjoying freshly played jazz. Had a back rub or two been going around, it would have been the perfect grocery shopping experience.

If music be the food of love, play on!


* The Balsamic cranberry relish was very, very tasty but it was nothing on Mom's cranberry relish. Mom brings the cranberry.

No comments: